Thursday 5 July 2012

The Terrible Suitcase Alights

The Terrible Suitcase, written by Emma Allen, has landed in stores around the country. 

The Terrible Suitcase is about a young girl's first day at school. Keen to fit in, she has asked her mum for a red backpack with yellow rockets and a silver zipper as a going-to-school present, but instead gets a terrible, old suitcase. Of course, the suitcase saves the day and becomes a special and much loved object.

In a brief reprieve from the torture of attempting to finish a job during school holidays, I thought I'd post some of my favourite images from the book. For lovers of endpapers I have included a photo of the endpapers of this book, showing a diagram of our solar system with the red suitcase spinning through on an eccentric orbit. 


A big congratulations to Emma Allen on the publication of her first picture book!




This is the first published image of my whippet Pivot.












3 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous, I'll watch out for it in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fabulous, Freya! Congratulations to you and Emma. How lucky she is to have had you as her first illustrator.

    ReplyDelete